Friday, June 19, 2009

Mental Wounds Not Healing, Who's To Blame?

The capacity for speech was runner up
I like it when people post stuff I send them on their blog or whatever. Orson Swindle did that over at Every Day Should Be Saturday with a picture I took of a ticket ad/personal hygiene PSA at Pac Bell for Stanford football. Come to think of it, Swindle also posted the bit I forwarded him a couple of years ago about a linebacker from Cal going apeshit outside the Lusty Lady.

There was also the photo I snapped of a warning of this city's impending doom, which forwarded to SFist, where Brock made it a Photo du Jour.

There may have been others, but those are the three I remember. Oh! I also came up with rules for the 3 Fast 3 Furious drinking game, which the girls then read on their podcast. (I was very flattered.)

The Tenderblog isn't quite at SFist/EDSBS level of popularity, but it's a handy, pretty portrain of my neighborhood. Anyhow, a while back the Tenderblogette posted a photo of Kahn and Keville's famous marquee sign, where the management or whoever will put up quotes or words of wisdom or something like that. She also asked for readers to send in other quotes they've seen on the sign in the past.

I remembered that there was an Ozzy Osbourne quote a on it a while back, but I couldn't think of either the quote, nor when I saw it. But on Sunday, while cleaning my apartment, I came across it on the back of The Loin's Mouth, issue #6. I scanned in the back and sent it off to The Tenderblog this morning. It was posted soon after. I forwarded the link over to my friend Rachel, who was the editor of the (now-defunct) Loin's Mouth.

I guess the point is that I crave approval, and sending shit into to other peoples' blogs or whatever is one way I can get it, while at work, and without leaving my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment